We understand you may have unique challenges that come at this time in your life. You probably have questions when it comes to your five year timeline and beyond.
We help answer questions such as:
- What happens to my employer-provided retirement accounts?
- What will happen to my insurance benefits?
- How do my spouse and I coordinate our retirements together?
- How will our new income affect our taxes?
- What's my best claim strategy for social security?
To better understand what you currently have in place, we typically review the following checklist of important documents:
Retirement Planning Documents
- Recent IRA, 401(k) and other retirement plan statements
- Pension details
- Social Security benefits statement or numbers
Financial and Investment Documents
- Personal financial statement
- Brokerage account statements
- Annuity statements
Tax Planning Documents
- Tax return for last year
Business Planning and Entities
- Types and value of business entities (including C Corp, S Corp & L.L.C.)
- Business succession documents
- Partnership agreements or buy/sell agreements
- Business loan terms
Asset protection documents
- Life insurance details and statements
- Homeowners and liability or umbrella statements
- Disability and long term care insurance policies
Estate Planning Documents
- Summary or copy of your will
- Living trusts
- Powers of attorney for property
- Powers of attorney for healthcare
- Living will
- Other estate planning documents (irrevocable trust, family limited partnership, etc.)